The intended use of large estates
A large estate is not necessarily an expensive property. it is certainly a property of large substance and surface, the purchase of which is always subject to an assessment about future uses and concrete methods of use. The study of the best destinations for use in connection with the market demand for the sale and the lease or to the direct realization of a business or commercial activity, are now a big challenge for the companies and for the owners of large estates, but also for the public and private organizations to which they refer. Many choices of town planning involve often also local governments in relation to the political and administrative addresses and the obvious economic effects and employment.
Research and technology allow the construction but also the reuse, the conversion and restructuring of properties with characteristics of greater value, but also in relation to the containment of operating costs. Earthquake-resistance, housings and frames with low energy loss, the use of alternative energy sources (geothermal, photovoltaic) for heating, air conditioning, comfort; also a better implant efficiency and the possibilities offered by home automation and remote control.
Planning the maintenance
Today, special attention is paid to predict - already in the process of designing - future extraordinary maintenance and restructuring (maintenance plans ).
The problem of revenues
Gross profit of any operation - that the entrepreneur goes to compare with the capital employed - is still the difference between the revenues and costs of the transaction, which must always include pocket costs sustained, but also of the maintenance items, depreciation, financial and remuneration of the people involved. If the best quality building manages to affect the cost items pertaining to the management and maintenance, the search for optimal intended use must be used for assured revenues. The entrepreneur or private person, if in the past he let himself be attracted more by the mere convenience of the purchase price, now is increasingly more important the problem of the profitability of the investment of a large estate and the sustainability of the investment over time.
Hotels, tourist facilities of various types, areas for theme parks, entertainment buildings , exhibition rooms, conference facilities, dining and administration, but also historic buildings and precious one such baronial palaces, castles, monasteries and former cult buildings ,sometimes require conversion, modernization of the structures but also the rethinking of formulas and models of operation.The reconversion of abandoned areas industrial buildings also deserves a particular discussion. The crisis of the sector, the fiscal tightening and the arrival of new international competitors have resulted and still result in the need of constant re-positioning and re-thinking on how to manage and verify the profitability of companies and real estate complexes used in their service.
In the management and conservation of large properties they have been observed important critical factors:
- Non-use of opportunities and community fundings;
- Taxation on loans and granted contributions for the restructuring of large buildings;
- Bad relationship between banks and companies (rating and difficulty in accessing credit);
- Low participation of banks with their venture capital;
- Bureaucracy at all levels and slowness in granting benefits and contributions;
- Hypertrophy in the legislation that is only partly justified by the need to control or define the best standards of quality and safety.
Many opportunities of reusing estates are imagined in relation to the arrival on the territory of widespread healthcare and welfare: clinics, nursing homes or rehabilitation centers. Other assumptions of conversions are linked to different fields:
- rationalization of buildings and arms of the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement and Civil Protection;
- realization of social services and spaces where young people gather,
- construction of new formulas of entertainment or multipurpose,
- construction of new formulas for restorations, conferences and catering;
- construction of worship or multifunctional multiethnic places,
- construction of new formulas for museums;
- realization of business areas for production, exhibition and trade of the food industry
- construction of new formulas for hotels or exhibitions;
- construction of school, music, sports and associative areas.